When the Japanese invaded Burma in WWII, the villagers of Chanthagone chose to bury their statue of Our Lady close the grotto which had been founded in the 1890s by Fr P.J.Vehinger. After the war, despite much digging, Our Lady could not be found. That is until 1957 thanks to a celestial tip delivered in a dream. Now the statue has an honoured place at a Marian Centre among representations also of Lourdes, Fatima and la Salette.
The spot where Mary's statue was recovered:
The blue dot on the map indicates the location of Chanthagone.